(Frequently Asked Questions)
1) Is The MAKING Art Making MONEY Semester for all types of artists?
The MAKING Art Making MONEY Semester ® serves independent artists who want to sell their art by building an artistic enterprise.
Since 2005, Ann Rea has been teaching thousands of artists across the globe, ranging from established artists to those just starting to sell their art, including:
- Abstract Painters
- Fabric Designers
- Glass Artists
- Jewelry Designers
- Live Event Painters
- Mixed Media Artists
- Portrait Painters
2) What if I can't focus on one more thing?
Gaining focus is the whole point of The Semester.
So if you are struggling with focus, The Semester is designed to help you take focused action, which yields self-confidence.
3) What if I have trouble finishing on-line courses?
You can’t do this alone! It’s too hard and lonely.
You will have Ann Rea's support, and unlike other on-line courses, you'll have a global community of Study Partners who you'll meet regularly via video calls and who can keep you accountable.
Study Partners learn together, they give and receive support.
4) What if I just don't have the money right now?
Really? How much money are you "spending" on art supplies each year?
What if you started "investing" in yourself by learning how to sell your art?
A condition of graduation is that students must, at the very least, earn back their tuition investment through their final Prototype Project.
You will test your comprehension and kick start your artistic enterprise.
5) Do I need a cohesive body of artwork?
You do not need to have a cohesive "body of work" before you apply.
Knowing your unique value proposition and target market will inspire you to create a "body of work" with more focused confidence.
Would you develop a product line and then go to business school? 😉
Although it's best if you have some experience selling your art, it is not a requirement.
6) Will I have direct access to Ann Rea?
Unlike most on-line courses, you will have direct access to Ann Rea through our private FaceBook group.
Ann Rea or other seasoned students will answer the questions you post.
Once you have completed the courses and passed your Knowledge Check, you'll get a private one-on-one 50-minute call with Ann Rea, worth $250.
7) When does enrollment open?
Enrollment is available on an going basis but it is available by application only.
8) When do my courses start?
Access to your courses starts immediately after your 10-minute phone application interview.
9) Is The Semester like Ann Rea's Creative Live courses?
Ann Rea's Creative Live courses are a great value and they provide an excellent study primer but The Semester has much more, you will:
- not be on your own, unlike other on-line education
- have Study Partners to connect with via live video calls
- have to prove your comprehension by passing a Knowledge Check
- gain access to new content on an on-going basis
- gain a much deeper dive into lessons
- be required to earn back your tuition investment, at the very least, in order to graduate
- upon completion a diploma signed by Ann Rea will be mailed to you
10) What is the cost of tuition?
- (USD) $1998 - a single discounted payment
- (USD) $768 - three monthly payments
11) Are there scholarships?
No scholarships or grants are offered.
12) Can I get a paid invoice?
You will automatically receive a receipt upon enrollment.
If you need a paid invoice for the income tax deduction or reimbursement, you may request one.
13) Are these courses a tax deductible expense?
Typically an investment in education that furthers your business qualifies as a tax-deductible expense.
However, this site is not a source of tax advice and you should consult with your tax advisor.
If you are receiving a Professional Development Grant or you are receiving employer-sponsored tuition and you need an invoice, just ask.
14) How do I graduate?
You officially graduate once you have:
- passed your Knowledge Check
- completed your one-on-one with Ann Rea
- earned back your tuition investment through the final Prototype Project
15) What If I want to first talk to Ann Rea?
If you would like to chat, you may book a phone consultation here.
If you are prepared to enroll and are accepted, you may schedule a 10-minute application call here.
16) When Do Classes Start?
You will gain access to your courses as soon as you are enrolled.
The Semester is self-paced and it currently includes an entire year of membership.
You can learn according to your schedule and at own your pace.
No pressure. No deadlines.
By finding your own rhythm and pace you will become more focused, productive, and self-confident. Your “Study Partners” can help you remain accountable. My students best determine their learning schedule by:
- examining their existing commitments and energy level and making an honest assessment of an optimal time to learn
- scheduling a standing appointment to learn by making an appointment on their calendar
- keeping their promise to themselves by starting their appointment on time and ending on time to avoid becoming overwhelmed
17) What is included?
- you get to go at your own pace and according to your schedule because The Semester currently includes lifetime membership
- 8 courses with 135 lessons and lectures that cover each of the eight sequential realms of building a creative enterprise
- exclusive access to a global artist community of Study Partners
- on-going access to 8 weekly live recorded on-line lectures
- direct access to Ann Rea via our private FaceBook group
- a Knowledge Check certification upon completion
- private access to Ann Rea during a private 50-minute phone consultation once you have passed your Knowledge Check
- a final test of your comprehension by earning back your tuition investment through the final Prototype Project
- a supportive global network, a warm and welcoming community of savvy artists
- 30-day money back guarantee
18) Do we have art critiques?
No. We focus on the objective business of selling your art. We do not focus on subjective art critiques.
Students may not post their art in our private Facebook page.
19) Is there a guarantee?
There is a 30-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee from the date of enrollment.
20) What if I want to enroll later?
You may apply to enroll later but tuition will be increasing and lifetime membership will be phased out.
"If artists are ready to help themselves, then I'm ready to help them." -Ann Rea, Artist Mentor