"An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have." -Andy Warhol
The MAKING Art Making MONEY Program FAQ
(Frequently Asked Questions)
I understand that applying to enroll in this program is a considerable investment of your time, money, and trust.
So I've put together a comprehensive list of the most frequently ask questions.
If you have a question, that is not already addressed below, click on the contact link at the bottom of this page and let me know.
I'll answer your question and add it to this list. 🙂
1) What if I don't have a lot of time?
The lessons in this program are typically no more than 10 minutes each.
This program is self-paced so that you can learn when it's convenient for you. Learn anytime. Anywhere.
Want to learn at your convenience? Apply now.
2) How long does it take typically take for students to complete this program?
Every student is different so there is no typical time.
What's important is that you find your own rhythm and pace.
Do this and you will become more focused, productive, and self-confident.
You can best determine your learning schedule by:
- examining your existing commitments and energy level and making an honest assessment of an optimal time to learn
- scheduling a standing appointment on your calendar to learn
- keeping your promise to yourself by starting your appointment on time and ending on time to avoid becoming overwhelmed
- forgive yourself if you're not perfect
- think progress, not perfection
Your Study Partners can help keep you feeling accountable and encouraged.
3) What if I feel like I can't focus on one more thing?
On a scale of 1 to 10, graduates triple their levels of self-confidence and focus from about a 2.5 to 8.
Even if, you feel like you can't focus on one more thing then you should apply now so that you can increase your focus.
4) When does the program start?
You will have access to the program as soon as you enroll.
You're strongly encouraged to find your own pace and rhythm and to do what works best for you and your schedule.
You will have plenty of time, an entire year.
If you need more time to complete the program, no problem. You may renew your annual membership for $498.
No pressure. No deadlines.
5) How long does the typical student take to complete the program?
Since every student's schedule, existing commitments, and energy level are very different there isn't a typical time frame.
Just like making art, some artists work quickly. Some have a much slower process.
The important thing is that you find a rhythm and pace that works best for you.
The lessons are very digestible, typically under 10 minutes each.
6) What if I have a hard time finishing what I start?
Instead of trying to do this by yourself you'll have Study Partners, of your choosing, who you'll get to meet with on video calls.
So instead of trying to push through on your own, you can have accountability partners within a warm, welcoming, and savvy global community of artists.
7) What if I'm uncomfortable meeting new people?
Selling art is about talking to strangers. You can practice within a safe community that is:
- competition-free zone
This community provides a rare opportunity to make new friends, artists from around the world, who'll be cheering you on and keeping you accountable.
Please note. Everyone is expected to be professional and kind but if you meet with someone and you don't really feel like meeting with them again. Please don't.
That said. This is a very warm, welcoming, and intelligent community.
8) What if I don't have the money right now?
- Have you added up how much money you are spending on art supplies each year?
- How much money have you already spent on your art education and other instruction?
- What if you started investing in yourself and gaining a return on that investment by learning how to sell your art?
A condition of graduation is that students must, at the very least, earn back their tuition investment through their final Prototype Project.
9) Do I need a cohesive body of artwork?
You don't need to have a cohesive "body of work" before you apply.
Knowing your unique value proposition and target market will inspire you to create a "body of work" with more focused confidence.
10) When do I graduate?
You will officially graduate once you have:
- passed your Knowledge Check
- completed your one-on-one phone consultation with me
- earned back your tuition investment through the sale of your art through your final Prototype Project
11) What if I am unhappy with the program?
I don’t want anyone to be unhappy!
If you are unsatisfied, contact us within 30 days of your enrollment, and we will give you a full refund, no questions asked.
12) Is MAKING Art Making MONEY program for all types of artists?
The MAKING Art Making MONEY program is serving independent artists who want to sell their art without feeling like a sell-out.
For over thirteen years I've been teaching thousands of artists from across the globe, business and marketing strategies, ranging from established artists to those just starting to sell their art, including:
- Abstract Painters
- Fabric Designers
- Glass Artists
- Graphic Designers
- Jewelry Designers
- Live Event Painters
- Mixed Media Artists
- Portrait Painters
- and more...
13) Will I have direct access to Ann Rea?
Unlike most online courses, you will have direct on-going access to me through our private Facebook group.
Once you have completed the courses and passed your Knowledge Check, you'll get a private one-on-one 50-minute call with Ann Rea, worth $500
14) How is this program different from Ann Rea's Creative Live courses?
Unlike my Creative Live courses, this is a much more comprehensive program.
My Creative Live courses are a great value, and they provide an excellent study primer.
However, in this program, you will:
- not be on your own, unlike other online education courses
- have Study Partners to connect with via live video calls
- have to prove your comprehension by passing a Knowledge Check
- gain access to new content on an on-going basis
- have ongoing access to my guidance
- gain a much deeper dive into lessons
- be required to earn back your tuition investment, at the very least, to graduate
15) What if I'm not comfortable with technology?
Your attitude toward technology is much more important than your aptitude. You only need to know how to use:
- log in and out with a username and a password
Please note: Technical support for external online platforms falls outside of the scope of this program. We have no control over your:
- SPAM folder
- internet speed
16) What is the cost of tuition?
(USD) $1998 - a single discounted payment
(USD) $768 - three monthly payments
Please note. Tuition will be increasing.
17) What if I want to extend my annual membership?
(USD) $498 - yearly membership
18) Can I get a paid invoice?
You will automatically receive a receipt upon enrollment.
If you need a paid invoice for the income tax deduction or reimbursement, request one via email.
19) Are these courses a tax-deductible expense?
Typically an investment in education that furthers your business qualifies as a tax-deductible expense.
If you are receiving a Professional Development Grant or you are receiving employer-sponsored tuition, and you need a paid invoice, just ask.
Please note. This site is not a source of tax advice, and you should consult with your tax advisor.
20) Are there scholarships?
No scholarships or grants are available.
21) What will I get in this program?
- Eight courses with 135 lessons and lectures that cover each of the eight sequential realms of building a creative enterprise
- exclusive access to a global artist community of Study Partners
- direct guidance from me via our private FaceBook group
- a Knowledge Check certification upon completion
- private access to me during a private 50-minute phone consultation once you have passed your Knowledge Check
- a final test of your comprehension by earning back your tuition investment through the final Prototype Project
- a supportive global network, a warm and welcoming community of savvy artists
- new friends 🙂
- 30-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee
22) Do we have art critiques?
- We focus on the business of marketing and selling your art.
- We do not focus on art critiques and students may not post their art on our private Facebook group page.
Why? Because art is in the eye of the beholder.
23) Is there a guarantee?
Yes. You get a 30-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee from the date of enrollment.
24) What is the Prototype Project?
Students design their final Prototype Project as a way to test their niche and their comprehension of sales and marketing of their art.
Students are essentially selling their homework.
Students complete their final Prototype Project after they:
- have completed all eight courses
- passed their Knowledge Check
- have had their 50-minute one-on-one with me
25) Why is there Prototype Project?
By completing the final project you'll confirm what you have learned, or what you still need to review.
- You should make as many sales as you need to become 100% confident in your offer and to generate a profit.
- You are advised not to develop ANY promotional material or touch your websites until they have 100% confidence in your offer and you have a some solid customer testimonials.
- You may realize that you want to pursue art full-time, part-time, maintain it as a hobby, or take your sales to a whole new level.
- Either way, it's an informed decision, and it's better to make this decision here in a safe space. 🙂
So you can't fail.
26) What if I want to enroll later?
You may apply later, but tuition will be increasing, and admission requirements may become more stringent.
Is it easy to sell your art?
We all know that it's not.
Is it possible? Absolutely!
Someday is today! Apply now.
"An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have." -Andy Warhol