Course 2. Visioning
Objective: Students learn their creative purpose, their "Why," who they are and what they stand for and what they stand against.
Do you know your creative purpose?
Even though I went to art school, I graduated not knowing the purpose of my art. It made me question my purpose.
Eventually, I found my creative purpose.
However, I was curious about how others explained how to find one's purpose.
I eagerly read Simon Sinek’s "Find Your Why" but it left me feeling confused and without a clear understanding of how exactly you "Find Your Why."
The problem for most artists is that:
- they don't know how to find their creative purpose
- if they don't know their creative purpose, they begin searching outside of themselves to measure or confirm the value of their art and themselves
- when you are not confident in your creative purpose, how can you call yourself an artist? It leaves you wondering if there is any real point or value in your art.
Your power as an artist lies in expressing your authentic self.
In the wise words of hip-hop mogul Russel Simons, "Do You."
When I shared my story, my truth, what I stood for and what I stood against and it attracted national press features on ABC, HGTV, and The Goodlife Project, in Fortune, The Wine Enthusiast, with Alex Blumberg, and more.
Where do you start to find your Why?
You have to master the realm of Visioning, the second of eight courses in the MAKING Art Making MONEY program where you will:
- examine the lessons within the most painful moments in your life
- examine the lessons within the most joyful moments in your life.
- feel into your purpose, your Why, your soul's truth and deeply connect to your inner authority
By determining your Why, your creative purpose, you will:
- own all of how you are
- be less inclined to compare yourself to other artists
- feel more confident a purposeful
By not knowing your Why you:
- could struggle with self-confidence more than necessary
- can not inspire confidence in your collectors
- lack motivation and inspiration to make your best art
Graduates feel more self-directed, confident, and inspired because they know their creative purpose.
Is easy to sell your art?
We all know that it's not.
Is it possible to sell your art?