How do you find people who will buy your art?
- Do you know how you find and connect with collectors online and offline?
- Does the word “marketing” make you cringe?
- Do you think that your art needs to appeal to everyone to sell?
When I didn’t know how to find people to buy my art I sold some of my sell my art through art galleries.
However, I couldn’t develop a relationship with my collectors and gain referrals because the art galleries would not share my collector’s contact information.
Then I realized that I had an affluent market who I could serve.
I didn’t have to change my style, medium, or artistic genre.
I partnered with wineries in Napa Valley by painting their vineyards, selling them the reproductions, and selling the originals at wine tastings where I met their most affluent customers.
I gained national press attention for approach to selling my art.
How do you find people who want to buy your art?
You have to master the realm of Targeting, the fifth of eight courses in the MAKING Art Making MONEY program where you will:
- Start by quickly getting a physiographic profile of your best customers and prospects.
- Determine where and how you can connect with your tribe offline.
- Determine where and how you can connect with your tribe online.
By knowing how to target your niche:
- fewer people will say no, more will say yes to buying your art
- you can cultivate referrals which can generate over 85% of new sales
- you will save a lot of time, money, and effort by testing and proving your marketing strategies instead of guessing
By not knowing how to target your niche you:
- will waste a lot of time, money, and effort on false promises of “exposure”
- can fall prey to art contests
- will engage in “hope” marketing
You will know if your are hitting your target market or not during your final Prototype Project because you must earn back your tuition investment, at a minimum, through the sale of your art.
Is easy to sell your art?
We all know that it’s not.
Is it possible to sell your art?